Measuring for an Inside Mount
With an inside mount, the blinds are hung inside the window casing. You can still see the moulding or trim that surrounds your windows, even after the blinds are installed.
- Measure the width three times (top. middle and bottom) of the windows. This is because windows are rarely perfect squares.
- Record the smallest width of the three you recorded. This will ensure that your blind will fit in the opening.
- Measure the height from the centre of your window.
- Do not deduct from your recordings to give the blinds room to move. We will do this automatically for you.
Measuring for an Outside Mount
With an outside mount, the blinds are hung on or above the window moulding or directly on the wall.
- Measure the width and height of the area you wish to cover. When measuring the width, we recommend you add at least 1.5″ to 2″ on each side to minimize light leaks and optimize your privacy.
- When measuring the height, measure high enough above the window frame to allow room to mount the headrail. If the window features a sill that sticks out, measure down to the bottom of the sill. If it doesn’t, measure at least 2″ past the bottom of the window frame.
- Record exact measurements.